Tuesday, July 24, 2012

It's been awhile...

A little over 3 months, actually. In this time I've been busy, ya know, taking finals, working, going to Florida, working, writing for an up-start tech site started by high school class mate Jake Ensor and some of his friends from Nebraska (boooo, go Hawkeyes!), working, and now getting for the up coming school year. All that stuff to do and a still found time to complain online, this time it was just on my Twitter so it was limited in characters. Any way, I hope to end that trend and nip it in the bud. No promises, though.

Recently I got the urge to start writing, and this time it was not just an urge to rant on Blogger. This time I couldn't sleep and just started writing a book. The premise was simple: there are moments in this life where we have to make decisions and determine what we need and determine what we just want. That gets fuzzy because we want what we need, but we feel that we need what we really just want. Then there are moments we don't think and don't need to decide: we just do out of instinct. And that is the moment where we find our purpose. That's what we were born to do.

Then the outro talks about how things happen for a reason. Certain events will happen no matter what, but how you handle them determines everything in between.

That's the cement that keeps everything together.

So I feel solid about the message and purpose of the story (The Purpose is even the working title! Fascinating how I tied that in). It's just the plot and characters. As I've been writing, I've noticed it's been setting up a reoccurring dream I've been having recently. Not just like the dream: the dream exactly, with myself being the main character and all. I some how came into a lot of money in my last few years of college, but still finished school and became a teacher. It opens with my first day of work teaching in high school. I got a job back home in Ankeny. If it keeps progressing like this, I'll realize someone from high school is teaching there also, we'll start a relationship, I'll save her life in some bullshit unrealistic scenario, and then we'll get married and live happily ever after.

I'm not sure if I want to continue down that story line or build a new one, one were I can develop characters not so close to home. Plus at the current progression, I could get a little narcissistic or even go crazy and mix up reality with fantasy. I do plan on seeing the book, maybe even try to get it published. Who knows.

In the mean time, I'll keep busy working at ResNet, replacing computers and documenting shit on the wiki. And if you didn't click the link above, you should really check out TechSpce. We do our best to keep everything in layman's terms so everybody can understand how awesome (or not so awesome) products and games are. Besides, who wants to go to a tech site full of nerd-speak? I only speak English and some Spanglish. Any way, it's pretty user friendly. And I try to entertain. I'll start putting summaries of my articles on here with links to the site.

Follow me on Twitter, friend me on Facebook if you know me, and circle me on Google+ if you want to see me post every time I write on here. It's hot as hell out side, so if you venture in to the wild make sure to enjoy a good Popsicle. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment